About Missed a Toll
If you’ve traveled through the Elizabeth River Tunnels (Downtown and Midtown tunnels) in the last 96 hours (4 days) and do not want to receive an statement or need to pay your toll sooner, you can pay your toll here. This feature is particularly useful for:
- Business travelers who may need a receipt for travel expense reimbursement and cannot wait for an statement;
- Rental car patrons who want to avoid the tolling administrative fees of the rental car company.
To pay your toll through Missed A Toll:
- Enter all requested information: license plate number; issuing state; number of axles on your vehicle; date of travel and specific location (for example, I-264 East Downtown Tunnel).
- Once this information is entered, the system will provide you with a toll amount along with a processing fee per toll. This is NOT confirmation that your vehicle will be invoiced for travel. Please be certain you traveled on the Elizabeth River Tunnels before submitting payment.
- On the following screen, you will be asked to input personal contact information and payment information.
- If you are certain that you traveled on the Elizabeth River Tunnels, submit your payment. Once your vehicle and license plate information are processed, this payment will be applied.
After you have followed the above process, you will have an opportunity to either email or print your receipt.
IMPORTANT: This feature is NOT for motorists who have an E-ZPass or a registered Pay By Plate account. It is only for unregistered motorists who have traveled through the Downtown and/or Midtown tunnels within the last 96 hours (four days).