Cyber Security Awareness
October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month. Check out some web security tips below:
Browser Compatibility and Security for the DriveERT.com Website:
- Security is a top priority for Elizabeth River Tunnels. The DriveERT.com website uses strong HTTPS encryption (also known as HTTP over TLS, or Transport Layer Security) by default in order to keep your internet experience safer while on our site. Our website requires that your browser be compatible with TLS 1.2.
- If you are having issues viewing or accessing the DriveERT.com website, please be sure to update your browser to the most up-to-date version. Use Google’s What Browser tool to find out what browser you are using and see if you need to update.
- The latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, or Opera browsers will have security and speed improvements that will provide you with a better web experience.
- When visiting DriveERT.com, you should see a green address bar prominently displayed with an Extended Validation (EV) SSL Certification for ELIZABETH RIVER CROSSINGS OPCO, LLC. Also, note the “https://” connection in the https://www.driveert.com/ web address. This will help insure you are visiting our secure website.
Account Maintenance for E-ZPass or Pay By Plate Account
- Strong and Secure Password: Keep your online account secure by having a strong and unique password and don’t share your password with others. If you keep your password written down, keep it stored in a secure place. Manage your Pay By Plate Account here and your E-ZPass Account here.
- Update your Account Info: Keep your user information up-to-date, including preferred contact information, email, phone number, and mailing address. Manage your Pay By Plate Account here and your E-ZPass Account here.
- Update your Browser: Use an up-to-date web browser to improve your experience while accessing your E-ZPass or Pay By Plate Account. Use Google’s What Browser tool to find out what browser you are using and update to the newest version.
- Contact regarding Pay by Plate Account: Please contact the ERT Customer Service Center for questions regarding Pay by Plate Accounts using the Customer Service contact form, via our local number at 757-821-2659 or toll-free at 855-ERT-ROAD.
- Contact regarding E-ZPass Account: The VDOT E-ZPass Customer Service can be reached at email@example.com, via our local number at 757-821-2659 or toll-free, 877-762-7824.
Here are some “Protect Yourself” tips for staying safe online from StaySafeOnline.org:
- Keep a clean machine: Having the latest security software, web browser, and operating system are the best defenses against viruses, malware, and other online threats.
- Make passwords long and strong: Combine capital and lowercase letters with numbers and symbols to create a more secure password.
- Unique account, unique password: Separate passwords for every account helps to thwart cybercriminals
- Automate software updates: Many software programs will automatically connect and update to defend against known risks. Turn on automatic updates if that’s an available option.
- Protect your $$ (money): When banking and shopping, check to be sure the sites is security enabled. Look for web addresses with “https://” or “shttps://”, which means the site takes extra measures to help secure your information. “https://” is not secure.
- When in doubt, throw it out: Links in email, tweets, posts, and online advertising are often the way cybercriminals compromise your computer. If it looks suspicious, even if you know the source, it’s best to delete or if appropriate, mark as junk email.
- Protect all devices that connect to the Internet: Along with computers, smart phones, gaming systems, and other web-enabled devices also need protection from viruses and malware.
- Pay attention to the website’s URL. Malicious websites may look identical to a legitimate site, but the URL may use a variation in spelling or a different domain (e.g., .com versus .net).
Find more tips and resources visit StaySafeOnline.org.